BookmarkSubscribeSubscribe to RSS Feed
skunkwerk

Community Trekker

Aug 7, 2012

JMP 10 crashes when connecting to MySQL database

I am running JMP 10 on Microsoft Windows XP 32-bit, and have installed the 32-bit MySQL ODBC driver.

When I go to File > Database > Open Table and click on "Connect", and then on my saved connection, a "MySQL Connector/ODBC Data Source Configuration" window opens up.

I enter in the server's IP, database username, password, and database, click "Test" and it connects successfully.

When I click OK, JMP freezes up for 15 seconds, and then crashes.  This has happened repeatedly, even after a system restart.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

imran

5 REPLIES
gbu

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Re: JMP 10 crashes when connecting to MySQL database

Hello,

I've the same issue even with the new release 10.0.1.

It's a regression compare to release 9 but I don't know if jmp is already aware of that cause it's always the same in the new 10 release.

A workaround is to use JSL script to extract the data.

You can use this one (only have to replace dnsname, userid, pwd, ipadress and databasename variable by your database configuration :

dsn = "DSN=dnsname;UID=userid;PWD=pwd;SERVER=ipadress;DATABASE=databasename;PORT=3306;";

sql = "SELECT now();";

OpenDataBase(dsn,sql,"DateTime");

Regards,

Guillaume

Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Please contact Technical Support with these issues. They will be happy to investigate and ensure that the issues are addressed as appropriate in future maintenance releases.

Thanks!

-Jeff

-Jeff
gbu

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Hi,

Already done. Investigation on going by French support team.

Regards,
Guillaume

gbu

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Hi,

JMP Technical Support recommends using MySQL ODBC driver 3.5.x insted of 5.x

Regards,

Guillaume

Highlighted
skunkwerk

Community Trekker

Aug 7, 2012

thanks Guillaume,

I downloaded the 3.51 driver, but was having difficulties with this error:

"Connection Failed: [IM002][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified"

until I defined the connection as a System DSN and then selected it under the "machine data source" tab.  It's working now!

thanks,

imran