Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

JMP 10.0.1 Update and Excel 2010 Add-in

lacudda

Community Member

Sep 6, 2012

Greetings,

I installed the JMP 10.0.1 update yesterday and noticed I no longer have a JMP tab in Excel 2010.  The tab was there and fully functional prior to the update.  There are two JMP add-ins listed in the Excel table with following Name, Location Type:

JMP Profiler Core, from SAS        mscoree.dll                                                 COM Add-in

JMP Profiler GUI                         C\...GUI\JMPProfilerGUIaddinShim.dll            COM Add-in

I'm not sure if this option was removed for the update or if I need to re-enable it.  It's not a deal breaker but it is nice to create tables from an Excel sheet. I have a PC, running Win 7 Pro SP1, Office Professional Plus 2010 (32 bit Version).  I closed all programs, installed the update and restarted for good measure (old habit).  I started Excel, then JMP and noticed the JMP tab was no more. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
mguezub

Community Member

Oct 12, 2012

Hi,

I had the same problem. Go to the folder "\Program Files\SAS\JMP\10\ExcelAddIn" and launch these 2 installers in this exact order to repair the installation:

1. \ProfilerCore\setup.exe

2. \ProfilerGUI\setup.exe

Close everything (JMP, EXCEL) before doing it and that should fix your problem.

joseph_reardon

Community Member

Jun 18, 2013

I had the same problem on JMP Pro 10.0.2 with Excel 2013. It appears that the JMP 64-bit plugin for Excel does not work with Excel 2013. If you install the 32-bit plugin instead, then it should work fine.

Duane_Hayes

Staff

Mar 5, 2012

Hi,

Please submit your question to JMP Technical Support, either by sending email to support@jmp.com, or completing the web form found here:  Technical Support Form.  We will work with you to determine the source of the problem, and investigate a resolution.  Thank you.

Regards,

Duane Hayes

Manager, JMP Technical Support

Duane Hayes