Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
landra_c
Staff

It's time to get JMP 15

The latest versions of JMP statistical discovery software, JMP 15 and JMP Pro 15, are now available.

JMP 15 brings a variety of new graphical enhancements, from header graphs in the data table to graphlets to bar charts and histograms in the local data filter.

The latest version of JMP also includes:

• A new PDF import wizard.
  • Group Orthogonal Supersaturated Designs (GO SSD).
  • An enhanced Functional Data Explorer.
  • Support Vector Machines (SVM) and Structural Equations Modeling (SEM) platforms.
  • An Explore Patterns tool.

For more details on these and other new features, visit New in JMP 15 and JMP Pro 15.

If you don’t have the latest version of JMP yet, see how to get JMP 15 here.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
albest3
Level I

Re: It's time to get JMP 15

Maybe not:

There seems to be to be backward incompatibility problem. In all previous versions of JMP (and my history goes back to alphaV1), once you saved a bunch of results into the Journal you could SAVE AS: MsWord.doc.

I'm looking at my my Save As dialog right now and dont see a .doc option. I'm supposing I can make do with the .rtf and/or .html option, but this does not make me happy.  

Al

Highlighted
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager

On Windows, you can use File > Export to save a journal as a Microsoft Word document

albest3
Level I

An excellent work around. Given that, for a Journal, there is no difference between Save As and Export, I wonder why it disappeared from Save As?
Highlighted
albest3
Level I

I take it back. This is an almost worthless work around.

Using File>Export from a Journal to a MSWord.doc produces one huge graphic!

Prior to JMP15, you could Save As a Journal to a .doc and the tables would be (text) tables and the graphics would be wonderful full resolution graphics-metafiles. Working with these Journal.doc files was a joy.

... I guess I'll have to go back to .RTF for a workable solution.

Highlighted
DaveB
Staff

The "Save MSWord" command should still work so you should be able to do something like this

initName = (Current Journal() << get window title) || ".doc";
file = Pick File( "Save as MS Word", "", {"Microsoft Word 2000+ (*.doc)|doc"}, 1, 1, initName, 0 );
If( Length( file ) > 0,
	Current Journal() << save msword( file );
	Open( file );
);

I put that in the attached addin (using current window() instead of current journal()) and assigned it <ctrl-alt-w>.  

Highlighted
kofi
Level III

With a fair amount of reluctancy, I gave up my perpetual JMP11 licence to subscribe from now on and cough up annual licence fees. I've seen JMP13 (I think) live on one of the JMP discovery summits and thought, OK, it's time to upgrade again. But apart from a half-year-long, real-world struggle to be allowed to finally buy a licence (as I use it as freelance and don't have a company registered in any of the countries where JMP has sales representatives), I'm a bit disappointed with JMP15. It feels slow, compared to my stand-alone JMP11 version. Even when just writing/editing scripts, the cursor is sluggish and flickers&nbsp; I wonder: Does anybody else has this impression?
&nbsp;
Cheers,
Kofi
Highlighted
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @kofi ,

Here are two topics that may help with the slow performance,My script editor is very slow and JMP Interface is slow / lagging , especially script editor and application builder . If neither of these pertain to your situation, I would suggest contacting JMP Technical Support (support@jmp.com).

Highlighted
kofi
Level III

Terrific! A little tick in the settings, and it's all fixed! Thanks a lot for the link!

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.