cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dburford
Level II

Is there a way to hide the table produced by "<< Save Spectral Density"?

Is there a way to hide (e.g. make invisible and/or private) the periodogram data table that is created by the following example jsl script command?

dt << Time Series( X( :Name( "Time (s)" ) ), Y( :Name( "Response" ) ), "Save Spectral Density" , "Invisible" );

The "Invisible" option in the above command apparently does not apply to the "Save Spectral Density" option.

I’d like to create the table and use it just long enough to get some data from it for creating a summary, but I would like to not have it show while it is being accessed by the next step in the script.  (Since this is part of a loop operation, after debugging the script, I would actually like to run the script with the table in the “private” mode to minimize computing and graphics overhead.)

If there is not a direct way, is there a workaround path that could be used instead of a direct assignment?

Thanks,

DAB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Is there a way to hide the table produced by "<< Save Spectral Density"?

dt << Time Series( X( :Name( "Time (s)" ) ), Y( :Name( "Response" ) ), "Save Spectral Density" , "Invisible" );

In your example above the "Invisible" is associated with the Time Series platform, not the data table that results from your "Save Spectral Density".

Unfortunately, there's no option on "Save Spectral Density" to create it invisibly. Instead you'll have to hide it immediately after it's created.

Here's an example for JMP 12:

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Time Series/Steel Shipments.jmp" );

ts = Time Series( Y( :steel shipments ) );

dtSpec=ts << Save Spectral Density();

dtSpec << Show Window( 0 );

The Save Spectral Density message in JMP 12 will return a reference to the data table that's created. Earlier versions of JMP don't do that so you'll have get that reference yourself.

So, here's an example that works in JMP 11:

ts << Save Spectral Density();

dtSpec = Data Table( 1 );

Wait( 0 );

h/t to WK for the examples.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
vs90
Level III

Have you tried this??

It worked for me but not exactly for "Save Spectral Density" .

dt << Time Series( X( :Name( "Time (s)" ) ), Y( :Name( "Response" ) ), "Save Spectral Density"  )<< Show Window(0);

dburford
Level II

Just tried it, but the data tables are still visible. Thanks.

vs90
Level III

Sorry for filling your post as  I should have written this earlier as well... can try this as well

dt << Time Series( X( :Name( "Time (s)" ) ), Y( :Name( "Response" ) ), "Save Spectral Density" , Invisible(1) );

dburford
Level II

Still no joy. Will send what I just received from tech support a few minutes ago. Thanks for the help.

DAD

vs90
Level III

Sure, No problem at all. Do remember not to quote "invisible" keyword except opening a new data table which has been already created.

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

In your example above the "Invisible" is associated with the Time Series platform, not the data table that results from your "Save Spectral Density".

Unfortunately, there's no option on "Save Spectral Density" to create it invisibly. Instead you'll have to hide it immediately after it's created.

Here's an example for JMP 12:

dtSpec=ts << Save Spectral Density();

The Save Spectral Density message in JMP 12 will return a reference to the data table that's created. Earlier versions of JMP don't do that so you'll have get that reference yourself.

So, here's an example that works in JMP 11:

ts << Save Spectral Density();

dtSpec = Data Table( 1 );

Wait( 0 );

h/t to WK for the examples.

-Jeff
dburford
Level II

Thank you, Jeff.  Wendy in your tech staff also forwarded me this solution and its working well.

DAB