Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Is there a way to add to the undo stack with JSL?

mikedriscoll

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Hi, I have several very simple (1 to 4 line) scripts for common tasks. Most are benign and can be undone by clicking on the icon again (Ex: Toggle high / exclude for a row).  I just added one to delete selected rows.  Ideally this would go to the undo stack. Is this possible?

8861_pastedImage_0.png

Ex: Delete rows, select matching, select non-matching, and a more advanced columns selection tool (pretty much useless since I learned about the column filter selector feature).  The first is the only one I'd need to undo.

Script is:

current data table() << delete rows;

Thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Maybe it's possible to run the Main Menu() function from a custom toolbar command (Main Menu("Delete Rows") does of course not work if run from the jsl-editor... but from the toolbar it might).

Try toggling between these two in a clever way:

Main Menu("Delete Rows")

Main Menu("Undo")

5 REPLIES
mikedriscoll

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Figured I would bump this once before I give up on the idea. ...  to restate the question: Is it possible to add any hooks into a script so that the 'undo' feature will undo what the script has done?  For this case, I would want to un-delete whatever rows were just deleted.

Thanks,

Mike

Solution

Maybe it's possible to run the Main Menu() function from a custom toolbar command (Main Menu("Delete Rows") does of course not work if run from the jsl-editor... but from the toolbar it might).

Try toggling between these two in a clever way:

Main Menu("Delete Rows")

Main Menu("Undo")

mikedriscoll

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Actually, I didn't really need a script to trigger the undo, just make it so that a ctrl-z or manual undo would work.  Using the Main Menu("Delete Rows") command enables the undo to work, so it works perfectly now. Good to know about this Main Menu() feature.

Thanks!

-Mike

mikedriscoll

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Main Menu("Delete Rows") does of course not work if run from the jsl-editor...

I thought it worth mentioning in case others are interested: For me, Main Menu("Delete Rows") does work from the JSL editor in JMP 11.2 standard / win 8.

On the other hand (and maybe this is what you meant), Main Menu("Undo"); from the JSL editor definitely doesn't undo the last table operation.  I ran it from the JSL editor and thought I forgot to add the semicolon. Then I realized... undo...

ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Yes it was "Undo" (and "Delete") that leads to unpredictable results if run from the editor. And you're right, Main Menu("Delete Rows") works from the editor. I probably assumed it didn't as the Rows Menu disappears when the script window is in front.