Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Is there a glitch in the nonlinear platform?

dale_lehman

Community Trekker

Jan 29, 2015

I believe I found a glitch (technical term) in the nonlinear platform.  I have excluded a number of points in my data - usually this means that the analysis I do pretends those points do not exist.  However, when I use the nonlinear platform, my excluded points continue to appear and to influence the analysis.  Has anyone else encountered this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Dale,

Did you also hide your points.  Excluding only takes them out of the analysis.  Hiding will remove them view.  Select Exclude and Hide as your choice and you should not see the points in question.

Regards,

Bill

3 REPLIES
Solution

Dale,

Did you also hide your points.  Excluding only takes them out of the analysis.  Hiding will remove them view.  Select Exclude and Hide as your choice and you should not see the points in question.

Regards,

Bill

dale_lehman

Community Trekker

Jan 29, 2015

Thanks.  I didn't realize that the "hide and exclude" referred to hiding it from the analysis displays.  It does exclude it from the analysis with just "exclude" checked but the "hide" is necessary for it to not show up in the graphs.

michael_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Dale,

You can read more about the Excluded Data part of the Nonlinear report here: The Nonlinear Fit Report.

Best,
Michael

Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development