Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Is it possible to produce a script which will Edit Axis Labels of a Surface Plot to be blank?

WendyLou315

Occasional Contributor

Apr 13, 2017

I am producing a Surface Plot that is based on data that I do not require the axes to be labelled.  Is there a way to remove the labels only and not the axes values?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Solution

I suspect there is not a way to do that.  If you look at the Tree Structure for the platform, all elements within the 3D display frame are not surfaced to JSL.

Jim
4 REPLIES
txnelson

Super User

Jun 22, 2012

Solution

I suspect there is not a way to do that.  If you look at the Tree Structure for the platform, all elements within the 3D display frame are not surfaced to JSL.

Jim
WendyLou315

Occasional Contributor

Apr 13, 2017

Thanks, Jim -

That's what I suspected.  I'm still dipping my feet in the JSL water and was not able to find a specific answer to this question but was drawing that conclusion.

Thanks again for your assistance!

ian_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

You mention JSL, so perhaps this is not relevant. But, FWIW, if you are doing things interactively you can double click on an axis label and enter the null string.

(And now I look at the title of the thread again I see this is not what you want . . . )

WendyLou315

Occasional Contributor

Apr 13, 2017

Right, Ian -

I can do what I need interactively, but to code into script for use in future iterations, there seems to be no way to mimic that.  *sad face*

Thanks anyway!