Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Is it possible to make changes/update individual report scripts in Application builder?

jacqueline_lerr

Occasional Contributor

Aug 10, 2016

Hi,

I have combined windows to generate an application that contains multiple reports in one window.  I have saved this Application and am able to re-run it for updates to the data table.  Is it possible to modify the individual scripts that are linked to these reports and then re-run the application with the changes reflected?  I've noticed that the result window will update with changes to the data table, but how do I link the Application to the scripts that generated the reports? If they cannot be linked, how do I make changes to my charts and have those changes save in the application?

Thanks!

1 REPLY
jacqueline_lerr

Occasional Contributor

Aug 10, 2016

After reading through the help files, I was able to find an answer to my own question.  I wanted to follow up and post this in case others had a similar question (or maybe a better answer). 

If you have the need to modify the scripts for your application (and "automate" your charts to reflect updates in a data table), I discovered that application builder has a "save as add-in feature."  If you use this feature you can save your application as an "add-in" that you can run for different data tables (or updates to that data table).  Additionally, you can modify the script for the add-in by going to file-->"open using add-in builder".

I am new to JMP, the add-in editor was helpful to stumble upon.