Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted

Is it possible to make changes/update individual report scripts in Application builder?

Hi,

I have combined windows to generate an application that contains multiple reports in one window.  I have saved this Application and am able to re-run it for updates to the data table.  Is it possible to modify the individual scripts that are linked to these reports and then re-run the application with the changes reflected?  I've noticed that the result window will update with changes to the data table, but how do I link the Application to the scripts that generated the reports? If they cannot be linked, how do I make changes to my charts and have those changes save in the application?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Is it possible to make changes/update individual report scripts in Application builder?

After reading through the help files, I was able to find an answer to my own question.  I wanted to follow up and post this in case others had a similar question (or maybe a better answer). 

If you have the need to modify the scripts for your application (and "automate" your charts to reflect updates in a data table), I discovered that application builder has a "save as add-in feature."  If you use this feature you can save your application as an "add-in" that you can run for different data tables (or updates to that data table).  Additionally, you can modify the script for the add-in by going to file-->"open using add-in builder".

I am new to JMP, the add-in editor was helpful to stumble upon. 

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.