BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
BRM

Community Trekker

Nov 8, 2017

Is JMPC Macros read-me file available?

Hi,

I trying to understand the macros currently used in JMP Clinical. In the help-menu, there is one-liner description of the macros. Is there a read-me file available to get a detailed understanding of them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chris_kirchberg

May 28, 2014

Solution

Re: Is JMPC Macros read-me file available?

Hi,

The link provided is from an older version of JMP Clinical.  The macro listed as PredMacros.sas was for a section called predictive modelling that used to be available from JMP Clinical 5 and is now no longer available, even though the macros may still persist within the JMP Clinical installation folder.

Those reports and processes that used this macro and related ones were removed in JMP Clinical 6 since they did not conform to the data models used (SDTM, SEND and ADaM like models) typically used in Clinical Trials and by the other reports. The trial data could not be used directly with selected/added studies in the User Interface so one had to supply a separate data set.

The current documentation listing the available reports is listed below:

http://www.jmp.com/support/downloads/JMPC61_documentation/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=cli...

Any macro that is available/used by JMP Clinical is intended to be run from within the JMP Clinical user interface an not from outside the interface.

I hope that clarifies a few things that you see in teh link you are looking at and the current version of jMP Clinical you are using.

Best,

Chris

Chris Kirchberg
Principal Systems Engineer, Life Sciences - JMP Global Technical Enablement
SAS Institute, Inc. - Denver, CO
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
JMP – A Division of SAS Institute | www.jmp.com
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
chris_kirchberg

May 28, 2014

Hi BRM,

Which version of JMP Clinical you are using? What kind if intormation were you looking for?

Usually each report has a link that describes the output or the settings/options for that report. For example, the AE Distribution report for JMP Clinical 6.1 has details like this:

http://www.jmp.com/support/downloads/JMPC61_documentation/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=cli...

It is not information about the Macro used to generate the report, but more about what the output and the options are used for with some additional references.

If you are looking for details of why a particular part of the SAS Macro was written a particular way or for what purpose, then within the macro, there is usually some comments that are made.

Given that there are so many SAS Macros written and used for the reports, there is not a single master Read-me file or individual Read-me files for each macro. You can always reach out to Support if you need specific information or details about a specific SAS Macro used for a report at:

support@jmp.com

1.919.677.8008 (US)

Chris

Chris Kirchberg
Tel: +1-919-531-9927 ▪ Mobile: +1-303-378-7419 ▪ E-mail: chris.kirchberg@jmp.com
BRM

Community Trekker

Nov 8, 2017

Hi Chris,

I am currently using JMPC 6.0 version, but we are currently working on the documentation to get the latest version of JMPC. I am looking at the macros  listed below https://www.jmp.com/support/downloads/clinical_documentation/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=...

Of which I am interested in "PredMacro.sas" and how they are used in the reports. Any documentation on how to use them will be of help.

Thanks

chris_kirchberg

May 28, 2014

Solution

Hi,

The link provided is from an older version of JMP Clinical.  The macro listed as PredMacros.sas was for a section called predictive modelling that used to be available from JMP Clinical 5 and is now no longer available, even though the macros may still persist within the JMP Clinical installation folder.

Those reports and processes that used this macro and related ones were removed in JMP Clinical 6 since they did not conform to the data models used (SDTM, SEND and ADaM like models) typically used in Clinical Trials and by the other reports. The trial data could not be used directly with selected/added studies in the User Interface so one had to supply a separate data set.

The current documentation listing the available reports is listed below:

Any macro that is available/used by JMP Clinical is intended to be run from within the JMP Clinical user interface an not from outside the interface.

I hope that clarifies a few things that you see in teh link you are looking at and the current version of jMP Clinical you are using.

Best,

Chris

Chris Kirchberg