Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Interactive HTML only works in JMP Pro?

adam

Contributor

Sep 20, 2017

Hi,

I have a simple question as I'm still new to JMP. I was using the JMP13 the other day and trying to save the Dashboard file as html however could not find the .html file extension. Is it because I am using trial version. Thanks.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
adam

Contributor

Sep 20, 2017

Solution

My bad, I guess I found the answer already. There was this hidden bar in the dashboard that I was trying to find(in vain) before I re-watched the on-demand video on the 3rd time !! A screen shot as attached.

Peter_Bartell

Jun 5, 2014

Solution

It appears as though you have run into one of JMP's features related to management of your JMP interface wrt to the auto-hide options associated with the JMP main menu and tool bars. I suspect the reason that tool bar and menu is hidden is related to the settings for your JMP Preferences, Window Specific preference group. JMP provides the ability to manage how the main menu and toolbar appear in a JMP session. There are three JMP Preference settings; 1. Always, 2. Never. 3. Based on Window size. The idea behind this sometimes you can reclaim a bit of display window by NOT showing the JMP main menu and toolbar. Personal preference rules here...for me whenever I install a new version of JMP, one of the first things I do is go to the JMP main menu, File -> Preferences. Then I select the Windows Specific preferences group. Then about 3/4's of the way down the group settings page you'll see an drop down for "Auto-hide menu and tool bars". I change the default setting to 'Never' because I always want my JMP main menu and tool bars open and available during any JMP session. Your personal preference might be one of the other options? See the attached screen capture.

adam

Contributor

Sep 20, 2017

Solution
Thanks Pete. I now set it to Never instead of Based on Window size(default).
5 REPLIES
Peter_Bartell

Jun 5, 2014

Once you run the Dashboard are you trying to save the Dashboard from the JMP main menu File -> Save As path? In general interactive HTML is not unique to JMP Pro.

adam

Contributor

Sep 20, 2017

I'm trying to Save As from Sql Query table. I couldn't finds the .htm extension. I had tried to use Save As too from the main menu. Either way, there's no
.htm extension.
adam

Contributor

Sep 20, 2017

Solution

My bad, I guess I found the answer already. There was this hidden bar in the dashboard that I was trying to find(in vain) before I re-watched the on-demand video on the 3rd time !! A screen shot as attached.

Peter_Bartell

Jun 5, 2014

Solution

It appears as though you have run into one of JMP's features related to management of your JMP interface wrt to the auto-hide options associated with the JMP main menu and tool bars. I suspect the reason that tool bar and menu is hidden is related to the settings for your JMP Preferences, Window Specific preference group. JMP provides the ability to manage how the main menu and toolbar appear in a JMP session. There are three JMP Preference settings; 1. Always, 2. Never. 3. Based on Window size. The idea behind this sometimes you can reclaim a bit of display window by NOT showing the JMP main menu and toolbar. Personal preference rules here...for me whenever I install a new version of JMP, one of the first things I do is go to the JMP main menu, File -> Preferences. Then I select the Windows Specific preferences group. Then about 3/4's of the way down the group settings page you'll see an drop down for "Auto-hide menu and tool bars". I change the default setting to 'Never' because I always want my JMP main menu and tool bars open and available during any JMP session. Your personal preference might be one of the other options? See the attached screen capture.

adam

Contributor

Sep 20, 2017

Solution
Thanks Pete. I now set it to Never instead of Based on Window size(default).