Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Brynn
Level I

Interactive HTML Graphics Issue

I have previously had success with using JMP interactive html. However, recently all of my outputs have graphics issues where the background is black. Are there some computer settings I should look at? Thanks! Brynn

jmpgraphicsissue.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Interactive HTML Graphics Issue

Hi Brynn,

What OS and browser do you happen to be using?  My first thought is some of our testers ran into this same problem around February of this year with combinations of mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3 with Safari 11.0.3, and there is information about that issue on the web:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7701075

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8141246

However, if you are using something different, it may be unrelated.

Highlighted
Brynn
Level I

Hi Josh, it is the same "black out" in both Chrome and IE. I have tried saving the html with different image formats including PNG, JPEG, etc.

Thanks,

Brynn

Highlighted

Hi Brynn,

Which browser and operating system are you using?

We saw something similar in Safari 11.0.3, on OS/X 10.13.3, but it was fixed in later versions.

Thanks,

Heman.

Highlighted
Brynn
Level I

I'm using Google Chrome. I did a file "save as" html from my .jrn file. Then I tried viewing the html in both Chrome and IE. In both cases, I can view the report but the graphics are blacked out. Thanks!

Highlighted

Ok, so this is on Windows if you've tried IE as well.  It would be good to know what version of Windows and JMP.  Is it possible to provide your JSL or data table?  I would like to be able to try to reproduce this to help debug the problem.

Highlighted
Brynn
Level I

Josh, 

Apologies for not replying with answers to all of your questions. I have Windows 7 Pro and I'm using JMP 13.2

ex1.JPG

Highlighted

Or if JSL and the data table can't be shared, the HTML files you output or a bigger picture of them.  From the portion shared it is a little unclear whether this is interactive HTML or static HTML but it looks like a picture.  Do you get any tooltips when you hover over them?

Highlighted

Sorry looks like we were typing replies at the same time.  Did I read correctly that you were exporting from a Journal?  Typically we export from the report itself (by going to File->Save As, you should get the "Save Report As" dialog).  Also are you sure that you didn't accidentally select the static HTML option?  This is the bottom one that reads "HTML File (*htm, *html)" and doesn't include any data so it isn't interactive meaning all the content is images.  Interactive HTML is the one selected in the attached image that reads "Interactive HTML with Data (*.htm, *html)".  It is easy to get the wrong one since either one saves an .html file.saveAs.png

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.