Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Informative Missing Feature

Steven_Moore

Super User

Jun 4, 2014

I have found the Informative Missing feature in the Fit Model Platform useful.  However, I would like to be able to SEE the new regressors in the data table.  Is this possible?

ps - I did not download the new add-in because I have JMP 11.2, which already has Informative Missing.  I only learned about this feature by reading John Sall's JMPer Cable article.  Niice explanation, John!

Steve
5 REPLIES
michael_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

I don't know of a way to see the Informative Missing regressors in the original data table, but you can use the "Save Coding Table" option under "Save Columns" in the red triangle menu in the Fit Model report window.  This will create a new data table that shows the design matrix used for the regression model, and it includes the "X or Mean if Missing" and "X Is Missing" columns.  Note that the Coding Table also includes the response column.

Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development
Steven_Moore

Super User

Jun 4, 2014

Michael,  Thanks - That seems to work.  HOWEVER, using the example in John Sall's JMPer Cable article, it does not work!  "Save columns" does not appear under the red triangle in the Fit Model report window.  It seems that to see the "Save Columns" in the Fit Model report window, either the Y cannot be nominal and/or the model personality cannot be nominal logistic.

Steve
michael_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Yes, you're correct. The Save Coding option is only available for the Standard Least Squares personality of the Fit Model platform. I don't know of a way to show the new regressors for other Fit Model personalities.

Michael Crotty
Sr Statistical Writer
JMP Development
Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Perhaps the Informative Missing Coding add-in can help here.

-Jeff

-Jeff
Steven_Moore

Super User

Jun 4, 2014

Yes, That works nicely!

Thank-you!

Steve