BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Gadsdon
Occasional Contributor

Individual control chart retaining batch number and using filter

Hi I see there are two facilities for generating Individual control charts

1) Via the Control Chart Builder (Analyze/Quality and Process/Control Chart Builder)

2) Via the I (Analyze/Quality and Process/Control Chart/IR)

Can the Control Chart Builder retain batch number - all I seem to get is a continuous number 1,2,3,4, ....etc?

If I select the IR method I can select the batch number via the "Sample Label"

The second part of this question relates to filtering.  The Local Data Filter is present in the Control Chart Builder but am I correct that it is not present in the IR method ? is there a reason for this

Cheers Ian

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gadsdon
Occasional Contributor

Re: Individual control chart retaining batch number and using filter

I found the solution to changing the consecutive numbers of 1,2,3 ..etc to an alpha numeric batch number.  

Step#1                                                                    Step#2 - choose the followiung settings "List Check" is the key "Column Properties"

#1.JPG#2.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Gadsdon
Occasional Contributor

I found the solution to changing the consecutive numbers of 1,2,3 ..etc to an alpha numeric batch number.  

Step#1                                                                    Step#2 - choose the followiung settings "List Check" is the key "Column Properties"

#1.JPG#2.JPG

Gadsdon
Occasional Contributor

But still need help with the second part of the question

The second part of this question relates to filtering.  The Local Data Filter is present in the Control Chart Builder but am I correct that it is not present in the IR method ? is there a reason for this

0 Kudos
txnelson
Super User

You can use a Global Data Filter, placed on the Data Table.  Go to the data table the Control Chart has been constructed from and then go to 

Rows==>Data Filter

A Global Filter will change all platforms that are open for the data table.  If this is an issue, then just create a subset of the data table, and use the new subset to run the control chart on.

Jim
0 Kudos