cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DMR
DMR
Level V

Inaccessible Files on OneDrive

I appreciate that this is not really a JMP problem but an IT issue of ours that I need to talk to them about, but I'll float it here anyway in case anyone has any suggestions.

The local C: drives on a recently-installed new batch of laptops here appear to been replaced by links to a centrally-located OneDrive account - and as soon as any files saved to the $DOCUMENTS directory (or any subdirectory of it) have been uploaded to that account, my JSL scripts can no longer see them. The

show(files in directory("$DOCUMENTS"))

command returns nothing but a single file called "desktop.ini", despite there being any number of JMP data sets of mine saved in that directory that are still both visible and directly accessible to me via both Windows Explorer and JMP's own File | Open command on the main menu.

I could save data to a directory that isn't linked to the OneDrive account, but the use of the $DOCUMENTS path variable allows me to distribute the scripts to other users without having to worry about the physical addresses of their local directories. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DMR
DMR
Level V

Re: Inaccessible Files on OneDrive

Hi Craige, also Justin & Thierry,

Craig - thanks for the suggestion: using the $DOWNLOADS system variable does indeed seem to work, so that's a good workaround.

I've messaged Justin directly regarding the JMP version, as I have access to more than a single version here at the moment, and suspect I got myself confused as to which one actually illustrated the issue.

Thierry - I'll have a word with our IT department to see if there's a way I can access the OneDrive folder other than by using the path linked to the $DOCUMENTS system variable.

I've now got plan going forward, so many thanks for your suggestions everyone.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @DMR, what version of JMP are you using?
Justin
Thierry_S
Super User

Have you tried to look for your files in the "OneDrive" folder on your system? Just a thought
Thierry R. Sornasse
Craige_Hales
Super User

I've used $DOWNLOADS to make scripts "just work" with freshly downloaded data. Not sure how your onedrive setup might treat the downloads folder. If you download the data a 2nd time, the 2nd download is renamed and the script still needs to be touched, so maybe not a perfect solution.

Craige
DMR
DMR
Level V

Hi Craige, also Justin & Thierry,

Craig - thanks for the suggestion: using the $DOWNLOADS system variable does indeed seem to work, so that's a good workaround.

I've messaged Justin directly regarding the JMP version, as I have access to more than a single version here at the moment, and suspect I got myself confused as to which one actually illustrated the issue.

Thierry - I'll have a word with our IT department to see if there's a way I can access the OneDrive folder other than by using the path linked to the $DOCUMENTS system variable.

I've now got plan going forward, so many thanks for your suggestions everyone.

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

A follow-up here: There were some issues with some OneDrive configurations. We will be addressing those in JMP 15.1.

-Jeff
SDF1
Super User

Hi All,

Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit, JMP 15.0.0 and JMP Pro 15.0.0.

We are experiencing a similar issue, but not with one-drive. We have an issue seeing some files on our network drives. There are some common network drives here in the US and abroad. When running the Files In Directory command, I CAN see all the files when I look in the directories on the network drives overseas.

What's strange is that this is NOT true for network drives here in the US. When I go to look for files on certain drives in the US, I CAN'T see all the files. Some yes, some no, and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. For us, we also have our local C-drives mapped to a network drive, and when I look at files that are both local (and hence on the network drive for the laptop), I don't see all the files. For example, there's a directory I have with 67 files in it, including some JMP data tables. When I use the Files In Directory command, I only see 54 of the files -- and one of the ones I DON'T see is a JMP data table. Can't figure it out.

To be clear, I can navigate to the files within JMP and open them just fine. But, since I am working with several hundred files, I can't do this manually, and this isn't working in JSL code.

For me, this is now a show-stopper because I can't access the production quality data files on the network drive.

I have opened a case with JMP technical support (they directed me to this thread). Hopefully this can be fixed soon, whether it's an IT issue on our end, or a JMP issue.

Thanks,

DS