cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jay_S
Level II

Importing Spec Limits

So I have a script that runs Process Capability on a table of data. I am able to run it automatically using this solution, https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/JSL-automate-the-columns-used-in-Process-Capability/m-p/398.... I am now trying to import the spec sheet automatically too. Right now users automatically have 2 sheets. 1 with data and 1 with the spec info. I can make a solution that takes the spec sheet info and copys it to the column properties, but i would rather have it run in the code in case users want to use the data sheet with another spec file.

my code so far...

yyy = Eval(    Parse("summ_table << Process Capability(
                                                            Process Variables( " || TheVars || "),  <<works
                                                            Spec Limits(Import Spec Limits(\!"" || Spec ||"\!")) <<not working

);"
                    )
                );

spec holds the open spec tables name. i can easly get it in these 2 formats.

"specTable1.jmp"

"DataTable("specTable1.jmp")"

i got the spec limits code from this blog -- https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMPer-Cable/3-ways-to-load-your-specification-limits-into-Process-Capab...

10 REPLIES 10
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: Importing Spec Limits

So, this is quite literally copied and pasted from the Scripting Index. IMHO it is the most simple way of loading specs from one table and saving them into the column properties of another table.

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Cities.jmp" );
obj = Capability(Y( :OZONE, :CO, :SO2, :NO ), Spec Limits(Import Spec Limits("$SAMPLE_DATA/CitySpecLimits.jmp")));
obj << Save Spec Limits as Column Properties;

...although, I have to say Jim Nelson's add-in is pretty slick and has some very convenient generalized functionality.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)