Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Important Note: Microsoft Excel update creates files that are incompatible with JMP

Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

A recent update to Microsoft Excel creates XLSX files which can't be imported into JMP on Windows.

JMP on Windows displays an error when a user attempts to open an .xlsx file created by Microsoft Excel version 1707, build 8326.2073 (released August 11, 2017),

The error message from JMP is:

There was an error opening the file.

Do not upgrade to Microsoft Excel version 1707, build 8326.2073 if you rely on importing .xlsx files.

Please see Problem Note 60946 for more information.

-Jeff
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stan_koprowski

Community Manager

Aug 8, 2012

Solution

Hi,

Thank you all for your patience. We have resolved the issue with the a recent update to Microsoft Excel which creates XLSX files which can't be imported into JMP on Windows.

Enhancements and bug fixes for JMP 13 and JMP Pro 13 are available now in maintenance release 13.2.1. Please go to jmp.com/update today to update your software—at no charge.

Keep your software updated by setting the software preferences to automatically check for updates—in JMP, go to File>Preferences>JMP Updates, and then select the “Check for Updates” box.

best,

Stan

3 REPLIES
mems35

New Contributor

Apr 14, 2017

Please tell me what to do if I already updated my excel. I have no idea how to downgrade my excel version.

mems35

New Contributor

Apr 14, 2017

So far, if I save the xlsx files as old 97-2003 xls files, the importing seems to work fine. I don't like copying and pasting excel data into JMP because I have many many xls files that I need to import automatically to analyze.

stan_koprowski

Community Manager

Aug 8, 2012

Solution

Hi,

Thank you all for your patience. We have resolved the issue with the a recent update to Microsoft Excel which creates XLSX files which can't be imported into JMP on Windows.

Enhancements and bug fixes for JMP 13 and JMP Pro 13 are available now in maintenance release 13.2.1. Please go to jmp.com/update today to update your software—at no charge.

Keep your software updated by setting the software preferences to automatically check for updates—in JMP, go to File>Preferences>JMP Updates, and then select the “Check for Updates” box.

best,

Stan