Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Identify Vertices/Edges points (point type) in a Mixture Design plot

hello, I have a JMP table built with points from a Mixture DOE. I would like to identify which points are Vertices, Edges and Interiors. The Help menu indicates a script but i can't manage to use it. Is there an easy way to obtain this information? Thanks
5 REPLIES
louv

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

I mark the rows according to the type of mixture settings utilizing the row pulldown menu. I choose the rows of interest and select the appropriate marker and color for the settings so that they have visual identity in the output graphics produced. I use the dynamic linking capability of the distribution platform and/or data filter to select the desired set of rows to globally change them back in the table with the corresponding markers and colors. Hope this helps.
I thought it was possible that JMP automatically creates a specific column indicating the Type of point (vertex, edge, etc...) for each row of the table. But I can't manage to find this option...
Thanks for your help
The Ternary Plot helps in visualizing mixture designs. You will be able to see which points are corners, interior, etc. If you have a fitted model, you can also use the Mixture Profiler.
louv

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

I think I found what you were looking for.
If you go to Program Files>SAS>JMP>Support Files English>Sample Scripts>Label Mixture Points.jsl
Run the script with your Mixture DOE table open and it will generate a new column and label your points.
louv

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

I think I found what you were looking for.
If you go to Program Files>SAS>JMP>Support Files English>Sample Scripts>Label Mixture Points.jsl
Run the script with your Mixture DOE table open and it will generate a new column and label your points.