Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Idea: Contingency table for missing value analysis

engrstudent

Community Trekker

Jan 20, 2015

I'm looking at the missing values report, and wish that I had a report like the Contingency analysis "contingency table".  I would like to know the count of variable "a" that are missing as a function of the other values. 

Im looking for something that would allow me to make a working model of the working value clustering so that I can know the probability of one variable having missing values as a function of other variables also having missing values.  The clustering picture is nice, but I'm finding it hard to take apart.

2 REPLIES
markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

You could create an indicator data column with a formula for two levels, missing and non-missing. Then you coulld use it in the Y role with the Cotingency platform.

engrstudent

Community Trekker

Jan 20, 2015

I stacked my matrix, made a new column with a conditional formula "ismissing(data)" that was 1 for a missing and 0 for non-missing.  I then re-assembled the array by splitting, made a multivariate plot and am looking at correlation and partial correlation tables. 

It is a hack, but it gets me moving. I have some row indicators that I did not stack, so I was able to re-assemble it.