Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

I would like to know if JMP is capable of creating plots that behave like pivot charts

gfidan0

Community Trekker

May 5, 2015

I have tests where I have multiple variables that are swept. Each one of these variables is saved in a separate column in the database.

I was not able to find a good way of plotting the info similar to pivot charts where you can use drop down boxes to select individual values of the parameters that are swept.

4 REPLIES
ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I am not sure I understand what you want, but have a look at Graph Builder. In combination with a Local Data Filter you can get create a very versatile and "pivot-like" graph. Especially if you first stack your data and use the local data filter to not only select values but also variables.

gfidan0

Community Trekker

May 5, 2015

Thanks. the local data filter only provides a sliding bar which is hard to set discrete values. I think you can type both the start and end value to be the same but it's suboptimal.

when you mention stack your data, do you mean to have the separate variables in the same column?

ms

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Yes, continuous variables are represented by a slider in the local data filters. If your data are numeric but in practice represent categories or levels you can change data type to nominal or ordinal which would provide a list box with the values.

And yes, with stack I mean just that. The Stack command (in Tables menu) can do this quickly.

Variable     Data

Var1     1

Var1     2

Var1     3

Var2     1

Var2     4

Jeff_Perkinson

Community Manager

Jun 23, 2011

Alternatively, instead of stacking your columns, you can use the Column Switcher to swap one column out for another. The video below shows both the Column Switcher and the Data Filter in use.

-Jeff

-Jeff