Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

I would like to know if JMP is capable of computing an Extended Autocorrelation Function. I understand the EACF is useful for identifying mixed ARIMA models.

dledom

Community Trekker

Aug 20, 2014

I would like to know if JMP is capable of computing an Extended Autocorrelation Function.  I understand the EACF is useful for identifying mixed ARIMA models.

5 REPLIES
dledom

Community Trekker

Aug 20, 2014

Can anybody help with my question?

danielvalente

Jul 26, 2013

Hello -- The documentation for the Time Series platform is available here: Time Series Analysis JMP supports ARIMA and Seasonal ARIMA models, as well as Autocorrelation and Partial Autocorrelation Time Series Commands.

ESACF is supported in SAS/ETS (SAS/ETS(R) 13.2 User's Guide).

You might also consider using the JMP interface to R to calculate the ESACF (TSA package).

Check out the JMP blog: jmp.com/blog
danielvalente

Jul 26, 2013

Here is a quick GUI that uses some JMP sample data to compute the sample extended acf.

8730_Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 4.47.26 PM.png

Returns the following to the log:

8731_Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 4.47.31 PM.png

.jsl script is attached. Note ar.max and ma.max are not parameterized right now but easily could be added to the GUI as user input.

dledom

Community Trekker

Aug 20, 2014

Thank you Daniel. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to develop a GUI. Can

you point me in a direction where I can do some research on the topic? I

have looked on the JMP user Community. I couldn’t find anything there.

Sent: Monday, May 04, 2015 3:49 PM

To: Desta Ledom

Subject: Re: - I would like to know if JMP is capable of

computing an Extended Autocorrelation Function. I understand the EACF is

useful for identifying mixed ARIMA models.

JMP User Community

<https://community.jmp.com/?utm_source=JIVE&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=System%20Email%20Tracking>I

would like to know if JMP is capable of computing an Extended

Autocorrelation Function. I understand the EACF is useful for identifying

mixed ARIMA models.

reply from danielvalente

<https://community.jmp.com/people/danielvalente?et=watches.email.thread> in

Discussions - View the full discussion

<https://community.jmp.com/message/216224?et=watches.email.thread#216224>

danielvalente

Jul 26, 2013

My pleasure -- You can start with my script as a template, but one resource I would recommend checking out is "Jump in JMP Scripting" by Murphrey and Lucas. Link to the Book: Jump into JMP® Scripting

Also, the scripting index in JMP is quite rich. You can find that in Help > Scripting Index in the product.

Also in our documentation, there is a nice index that will help give you some basics on JSL: Help with Learning JSL

Just as an aside, you don't need to make a GUI to make this script work, you can run it all from a script editor if you just need to process a data set with the R function. The GUI just helps to make it more generalizable and "JMP-like".

Hope this helps!