cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
tmyanh1993
Level II

I cannot paste the whole chart/report from JMP12 to other applications

Hi, 

I am using JMP Pro version 12.2.0 (64-bit) and I am facing an issue with JMP. When I use "Selection" tool to choose a chart or report, I copy it and then I paste it to other application, there is always some part missing. Is there anyone facing the same problem? Do you know how to fix it?

1) I use "Selection" tool to choose the area which I want to share.

1.PNG

2) I choose the whole trending (from 08/10/2019 12:00:00 AM to 08/12/2019 8:00:00 AM). Then Ctrl+C

2.PNG

3) I paste the chart to Outlook (Ctrl+V) but it only shows a part of the chart.

3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andersonmj2
Level IV

Re: I cannot paste the whole chart/report from JMP12 to other applications

I have two thoughts on this:

- When I dock / undock my laptop repeatedly in a day with both Outlook & JMP open, I will end up with 'partial paste' issues, with the re-docked image overfilling the paste area (similar to what you see) and underfilling when undocked.  So I will sometimes just use a tool like SnagIt Capture to grab the image I want.

- I tend to right-click on the grey triangle and use the Copy Picture utility and then use the Paste Special in the target application to select the image type I want.

When in doubt, I will reboot my system and go through things in whatever state I reboot (docked or undocked) - at least that will help you troubleshoot further.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
andersonmj2
Level IV

I have two thoughts on this:

- When I dock / undock my laptop repeatedly in a day with both Outlook & JMP open, I will end up with 'partial paste' issues, with the re-docked image overfilling the paste area (similar to what you see) and underfilling when undocked.  So I will sometimes just use a tool like SnagIt Capture to grab the image I want.

- I tend to right-click on the grey triangle and use the Copy Picture utility and then use the Paste Special in the target application to select the image type I want.

When in doubt, I will reboot my system and go through things in whatever state I reboot (docked or undocked) - at least that will help you troubleshoot further.

tmyanh1993
Level II

Thank you a lot for your helpful advice. I followed your instructions and it worked.