cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
tmyanh1993
Level II

I cannot paste the whole chart/report from JMP12 to other applications

Hi, 

I am using JMP Pro version 12.2.0 (64-bit) and I am facing an issue with JMP. When I use "Selection" tool to choose a chart or report, I copy it and then I paste it to other application, there is always some part missing. Is there anyone facing the same problem? Do you know how to fix it?

1) I use "Selection" tool to choose the area which I want to share.

1.PNG

2) I choose the whole trending (from 08/10/2019 12:00:00 AM to 08/12/2019 8:00:00 AM). Then Ctrl+C

2.PNG

3) I paste the chart to Outlook (Ctrl+V) but it only shows a part of the chart.

3.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
andersonmj2
Level IV

Re: I cannot paste the whole chart/report from JMP12 to other applications

I have two thoughts on this:

- When I dock / undock my laptop repeatedly in a day with both Outlook & JMP open, I will end up with 'partial paste' issues, with the re-docked image overfilling the paste area (similar to what you see) and underfilling when undocked.  So I will sometimes just use a tool like SnagIt Capture to grab the image I want.

- I tend to right-click on the grey triangle and use the Copy Picture utility and then use the Paste Special in the target application to select the image type I want.

When in doubt, I will reboot my system and go through things in whatever state I reboot (docked or undocked) - at least that will help you troubleshoot further.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
andersonmj2
Level IV

I have two thoughts on this:

- When I dock / undock my laptop repeatedly in a day with both Outlook & JMP open, I will end up with 'partial paste' issues, with the re-docked image overfilling the paste area (similar to what you see) and underfilling when undocked.  So I will sometimes just use a tool like SnagIt Capture to grab the image I want.

- I tend to right-click on the grey triangle and use the Copy Picture utility and then use the Paste Special in the target application to select the image type I want.

When in doubt, I will reboot my system and go through things in whatever state I reboot (docked or undocked) - at least that will help you troubleshoot further.

tmyanh1993
Level II

Thank you a lot for your helpful advice. I followed your instructions and it worked.