cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
the_qrv
Level I

How to update add-ins?

Hi,

I would like to inquire on how to update a previously installed add-in. I have updated the script, so I wanted to update the add-in accordingly. Apologies if this had already been asked previously. Thanks a lot for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eric_Hill
Staff

Re: How to update add-ins?

Hey, the_qrv,

Presumably, your add-in's script was initially packaged up in a .jmpaddin file along with an addin.def file and possibly an addin.jmpcust file, is that right?  Your best bet, especially if you are distributing this add-in to others, is to take the updated script along with the original addin.def and addin.jmpcust files, assuming they have not needed to change, and zip the files back up into a .jmpaddin file (which is a .zip file whose extension has been changed to .jmpaddin).  When you (or others) open that .jmpaddin file in JMP, JMP will ask you if you want to re-install the add-in, and if you say Yes, JMP will write the new version of the add-in files over the old ones.

Hope that helps,

Eric

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Hill
Staff

Hey, the_qrv,

Presumably, your add-in's script was initially packaged up in a .jmpaddin file along with an addin.def file and possibly an addin.jmpcust file, is that right?  Your best bet, especially if you are distributing this add-in to others, is to take the updated script along with the original addin.def and addin.jmpcust files, assuming they have not needed to change, and zip the files back up into a .jmpaddin file (which is a .zip file whose extension has been changed to .jmpaddin).  When you (or others) open that .jmpaddin file in JMP, JMP will ask you if you want to re-install the add-in, and if you say Yes, JMP will write the new version of the add-in files over the old ones.

Hope that helps,

Eric

the_qrv
Level I

Thanks Eric for the help!!!