Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to turn "externally" OFF remember files upon next start-up

Sorry if this question has been posted elsewhere, but I did not see it.

I was working with JMP and had many data files open simultaneously. When I closed down the application, I was prompted with the option to remember and open the files the next time I opened JMP. I selected yes [I did want to open the same files next time], but the next time I opened JMP it begins to pull up all of the files and then closes quickly. I can see the graphs and datasets briefly (1 -2 second flash) and then it "crashes". Thus, I can't open JMP at all.

I have tried opening individual files, and the same thing happens. I have tried restarting my computer many times, and the same thing happens. I even uninstalled JMP and then re-installed it and the same thing happens.

I feel that it just may be overloaded with the amount of data that it is trying to open from last time and then crashes.

Is there a way to "externally" turn off the open all of the previous files? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan
2 REPLIES
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Someone here may be able to answer this but for such a serious issue I would contact JMP support.
Thanks for your response. I did finally get it taken care of late this afternoon...JMP support was very helpful.

If anyone else has something similar, this is what worked from JMP support:

So please try the following: delete the following files and then restart JMP. Replace with your userid name, and replace "JMP 8 Data" with JMP 7 or 6 Data, depending on your JMP version:

C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application
Data\JMP8 Data\JMP.PFS

C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application
Data\JMP8 Data\English\session.jsl