Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to summarize OOC data

Hi Experts,
i use JMP IR and Xbar charts to monitor data over a period of time.When I turn on Test 1 for example, the charts highlight OOC points. How can I summarize those points? I know "qc_sample" can give the row number of OOC data but it is only the last/latest point. thanks
5 REPLIES
statman

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

I'm not sure what you mean by summarize, but if you highlight all of the rows connected to the points (on the chart just use command and select each OOC point and all associated rows will be highlighted), you can then use the table>subset>selected rows to get a new data set with those rows. I would never use those charts for monitoring....
thanks statman, but what I mean is to use script to get those OOC data points and summarized them.
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

When you create the IR charts interactively there is an item on the main red triangle menu to Save Summaries which creates a new table that contains the charted variable along with upper and lower control limits for both the variable and the moving range. Creation of this table can be scripted as can the subsetting of only those rows for which the variable is outside the control limits.

I could not retrieve a handle for the new table for some reason but was instead able to reference it as the most recent table, Data Table(1). Here's an example meant to be run on the Pickles table in the sample data.

thanks mpb, that works. What if I need to test other tests like Test 1, Test2, in Xbar chart? In that case, how to summary those OOC data? thanks a lot.
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Try this (assumes the Pickles sample data set is current). Your original idea was on target...