cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to split a data table in two

I'd like to randomly select 75% of my rows and save that to one data table and save the other random 25% of my rows to a second data table.  Can this be accomplished in JMP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: How to split a data table in two

Here is one way to do it interactively:

1. Select 75% of rows by entering 0.75 in Rows -> Row Selection -> Select Randomly...

2. Make a subset of these 75% by selecting Tables -> Subset (check Selected rows and All columns in he Subset dialog)

3. Activate the original table (with the 75% still selected) and choose Rows -> Delete Rows to get rid of these rows and keep the remaining 25%.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Here is one way to do it interactively:

1. Select 75% of rows by entering 0.75 in Rows -> Row Selection -> Select Randomly...

2. Make a subset of these 75% by selecting Tables -> Subset (check Selected rows and All columns in he Subset dialog)

3. Activate the original table (with the 75% still selected) and choose Rows -> Delete Rows to get rid of these rows and keep the remaining 25%.

Thank you!  That was very easy.