cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lehaofeng
Level IV

How to solve the error "append to first table" in JMP version 17?

Using the following command in JMP version 17, the last column of the second table becomes a missing value.

dt << Concatenate( Data Table( "Trial2" ),append to first table );

Using JMP15 there is no such problem

图片 1.png

missing valuesmissing values

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to solve the error "append to first table" in JMP version 17?

The issue is that one data table has your column as a character and the other table the column is numeric.  If you attempt to concatenate to the data table that is numeric, and you specify "Append to first table", the data from the second table will be set to missing values, if their values can not convert to numeric.  If the table you concatenate to is has the column as a character, the values will be conerted.

I tested this in both JMP 15 and JMP 17 and both versions had the same results.

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

The issue is that one data table has your column as a character and the other table the column is numeric.  If you attempt to concatenate to the data table that is numeric, and you specify "Append to first table", the data from the second table will be set to missing values, if their values can not convert to numeric.  If the table you concatenate to is has the column as a character, the values will be conerted.

I tested this in both JMP 15 and JMP 17 and both versions had the same results.

Jim
lehaofeng
Level IV

Thank you for your prompt reply! I have over 20 tables to splice, so this is a headache thing.