Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to search the JMP Forum exclusively?

poulravn

Community Trekker

Jan 25, 2012

Hi, the search field on my view of the forum appears in the upper right corner of the screen. When I enter something there, apparently everything is searched. Can I not search excluseively in the JMP Forum, for example?

Regards

Poul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

You have two options for searching one community only.  Both are described below.

1. Use the search box at the top right corner of the page.
  2. Start typing your query in the search field. A drop box will appear showing results as they are found.
  3. At the top of that drop box, you should see a line that looks like this (if you start from a JMP community page) 
      Show:  All | Only for JMP Software
  4. Select the Only for JMP Software option. Your search results will be limited to the JMP community.

Option 2:

1. From the JMP Software community home page, select the Content tab.
  2. There is a field under the All Content button.  That field says "Type to filter by text".  This box is basically a search box.  Start typing your query and a full text search of the JMP content will start.  The more you type the fewer results you will see.
1 REPLY
Solution

You have two options for searching one community only.  Both are described below.

1. Use the search box at the top right corner of the page.
  2. Start typing your query in the search field. A drop box will appear showing results as they are found.
  3. At the top of that drop box, you should see a line that looks like this (if you start from a JMP community page) 
      Show:  All | Only for JMP Software
  4. Select the Only for JMP Software option. Your search results will be limited to the JMP community.

Option 2:

1. From the JMP Software community home page, select the Content tab.
  2. There is a field under the All Content button.  That field says "Type to filter by text".  This box is basically a search box.  Start typing your query and a full text search of the JMP content will start.  The more you type the fewer results you will see.