cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Knut
Level III

How to save script permanently with data table

I want to save a script (e.g. for creating a graph) with a data table so that I can reuse it whenever I open this data table. However, if I close the Graph Builder window or save the data table, the scripts "saved" to the data table are gone.

What am I doing wrong?

12 REPLIES 12
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to save script permanently with data table

File==>New

Jim
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

@Knut wrote:

Here's one of these cases. I've created a table with all the data I need to create a graph (or to do some an alysis). I've used Graph Builder to create the graph and chose "Save Script / To Data Table" - and there it is below the data table:

Capture.JPG

Now I save the data table to SBW.jmp - done.

After some time I learn that some of the data needs to be corrected, so I reopen the data table, and the graph is gone - bummer.

Now, we're getting somewhere. Thanks for posting the screen shot. That and your comment "there it is below the data table" now explains the confusion.

The thumbnails below the data table show the reports windows that are based on that data table. They are not part of the data table. They don't have anything to do with saving scripts to the data table – they show up with every report window you open on that data table, whether you save a script to the data table or not. And, as you've discovered, they aren't saved with the data table.

From what I learned from you, the script is actually there (having a green triangle), but not where I had expected it. Maybe subheadings "Graphs", "Analyses", ... separating the green triangles would help?

You can do this by selecting multiple scripts and right-clicking on them and choosing Group scripts.

Parallels DesktopScreenSnapz064.png

-Jeff
ryandewitt
Community Manager Community Manager

Ryan DeWitt - JMP User Enablement | Creative • Video • Design • Learning