cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to save graph automatically from JMP to powerpoint using jsl

I had given a task to create an automation system which is to automatically save graph from JMP to power point. I already follow several tutorial from this page but it's did not work. I hope someone can help me or give suggestion. thank you.

This is script that i working on, the source of this script also from this page.

/!

names default to here(1);

dt = open("$Line Delta - Shared\KLM 5, 6 Eff and IV Delta.jmp", invisible);

obj= Control Chart(Chart Col( :KLM 5, 6 Eff and IV Delta, KLM 5,6 Eff Line Delta));

Report(obj)[framebox(1)] << Frame Size( 400, 184 );

Report(obj)[axisbox(2)] << {Min( nrows()-N), Max( nrows()+1), Inc(10 ), Minor Ticks( 0 ), Rotated Labels( "vertical" )};

obj << save picture( "Line.jpg", jpeg ); // picture name

Close( dt, save );//saves the chart with the extra rows, this way the ppt slide will be different when its opened the next time

Open("template.pptx"

); //powerpoint name

//note: close the ppt before running the script again

When i run this script, this error box appear.

11136_pastedImage_3.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: How to save graph automatically from JMP to powerpoint using jsl

The problem is your column name, "KLM 5, 6 Eff and IV Delta, KLM 5,6 Eff Line Delta", has an embedded comma. That's okay but you'll need to use the Name()  function when referring to it. Like this:

obj= Control Chart(Chart Col( Column( :Name( "KLM 5, 6 Eff and IV Delta, KLM 5,6 Eff Line Delta" ))));

I think that will correct the error you're getting.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

The problem is your column name, "KLM 5, 6 Eff and IV Delta, KLM 5,6 Eff Line Delta", has an embedded comma. That's okay but you'll need to use the Name()  function when referring to it. Like this:

obj= Control Chart(Chart Col( Column( :Name( "KLM 5, 6 Eff and IV Delta, KLM 5,6 Eff Line Delta" ))));

I think that will correct the error you're getting.

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank for your time.

Finally the error had be solved, but unfortunately when i run this script the documents library automatically open. Not the graph from JMP as expected.

Do you have any suggestion about this problem?

obj= Control Chart(Chart Col( Column( :"KLM 5, 6 Eff and IV Delta",( " KLM 5,6 Eff Line Delta" ))));

Report(obj)[framebox(1)] << Frame Size( 400, 184 );

Report(obj)[axisbox(2)] << {Min( nrows()-N), Max( nrows()+1), Inc(10 ), Minor Ticks( 0 ), Rotated Labels( "vertical" )};

Thank You,

Maira