cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bjbreitling
Level IV

How to save a neural network to run on new data table

Hi, Is there a way after saving the prediction formula including the hidden nodes (H1, H2, ...) so that I can run it on data in a new table? I don't just want to copy the formulas but rather have a way to save and automate it. The new data table is from a JMP button I made in an addin that does a sql query of a database. 

I was going to try and automate a cartesian join of the data table that I have the formula in with only 1 rowso that it joins to every row in the new data table. Wondering if there was an easier way.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to save a neural network to run on new data table

This what the formula depot is for. On your original data table, instead of saving the prediction formulas, choose to Publish Prediction Formula. That will launch the formula depot. Now have your other data table open. From the Formula Depot, choose Run Script. It should ask you which table to run it on. Choose the proper table and that is it!

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

Hello, are you using JMP Pro by any chance? In that platform you can publish the prediction formula to the Formula Depot for later use on any data table which is very useful.

If you aren't using JMP Pro then there are probably a few different workarounds. Joining could work but what if you concatenated in new data to your existing file? Assuming the new data has the same column names this could work. Also consider getting the data table structure from the red triangle shown below by copying the script of the data table with no data. Then once you populate new data into that file the model columns should automatically update.

Joseph_Reese_0-1648509339305.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This what the formula depot is for. On your original data table, instead of saving the prediction formulas, choose to Publish Prediction Formula. That will launch the formula depot. Now have your other data table open. From the Formula Depot, choose Run Script. It should ask you which table to run it on. Choose the proper table and that is it!

Dan Obermiller

Hello, are you using JMP Pro by any chance? In that platform you can publish the prediction formula to the Formula Depot for later use on any data table which is very useful.

If you aren't using JMP Pro then there are probably a few different workarounds. Joining could work but what if you concatenated in new data to your existing file? Assuming the new data has the same column names this could work. Also consider getting the data table structure from the red triangle shown below by copying the script of the data table with no data. Then once you populate new data into that file the model columns should automatically update.

Joseph_Reese_0-1648509339305.png