cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mortie999
Level II

How to save a Journal to Powerpoint without a Script

I have a Journal with several graphs and tables.  I'd like to save this to Powerpoint such that each table and graph is a different page.  I know I can save the Graph direction to PPT or a Table directly to PPT.  But when I save the Journal as a .ppt, it puts all graphs on one page.  I've see several scripts to do this, but I don't want to use a script.  I'm an infrequent JMP user.  Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mortie999
Level II

Re: How to save a Journal to Powerpoint without a Script

This works great!  Many thanks for your help Stan.   

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

What version of JMP are you using?

If you're using JMP 12 or later you can save to PowerPoint directly and it puts one graph or table on each slide. 

-Jeff
mortie999
Level II

I'm using JMP12.  It does not put the graphs on seperate pages.  All the graphs are on one page.  See attached Journal and saved PPT.

Jeff_Perkinson

Thanks for sharing the journal and powerpoint. That helps a lot.

I see what's going on now. It looks like you're using Graph Builder with a column in the Page role and the Save to PowerPoint isn't considering each of those as a new graph. I think it should. I'll let our development team know and we'll see if we can address it in a future release.

Unfortunately, I don't have a good workaround at the moment but I'll keep looking at it to see if I can come up with one.

-Jeff
mortie999
Level II

Thank you for your help Jeff.  Please let me know if/when this gets fixed.  

stan_koprowski

Hi,

If you use the dialog option. And then instead of the page role you can use the by role.

Use Dialog OptionUse Dialog Option

Graph Builder By RoleGraph Builder By Role

Now, if you journal the output and then export the journal to ppt this should give you what you want.

Stan

mortie999
Level II

This works great!  Many thanks for your help Stan.