cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
lwx228
Level VIII

How to represent the Y response of the decision tree as a variable?

dear all

I want to do multiple data table files with the same code for the decision tree operation, and each file has three different Y response decision trees.

Set the Y response of each file in the first 3 columns of the table, and the number of X factor column starting from column 4 is different for each file.

The specific practice of making three decision trees for each file is: the first time is carried out with the Y response of column 1;The second time was done with the Y response of column 2;The third time is done with the Y response of column 3.

The X factor used each time starts with column 5 and ends with column 2.The second X factor to the second X factor.

How to code this decision tree code so that the same code can perform operations in different files.

In the annex, Boston Housing.jmp adds 2 columns to the Y response so that 3 columns of the Y response are available and moved to the first 3 columns of the table.

It's complicated, thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to represent the Y response of the decision tree as a variable?

Here is a simple script that will run the 3 Decision Trees once the data table is in the form of the first 3 columns being the Y responses, and the remaining columns being the X factors.  I do not follow your

"The X factor used each time starts with column 5 and ends with column 2.The second X factor to the second X factor.

How to code this decision tree code so that the same code can perform operations in different files.

In the annex, Boston Housing.jmp adds 2 columns to the Y response so that 3 columns of the Y response are available and moved to the first 3 columns of the table.".

If what I have provided is not what you are seeking, please provide more specifics

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Current Data Table();

// Get all of the columm names
colNamesList = dt << get column names;

// Get the Y Factor columns
yFactorList = As List( colNamesList[1 :: 3] );

// Get the X Factor columns
xFactorList = As List( colNamesList[4 :: N Items( colNamesList )] );

// Run the Partitions

Partition(
	Y( Eval( yFactorList ) ),
	X( Eval( xFactorList ) ),
	Split Best( 3 )
);
Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lwx228
Level VIII

Upload a data table adjusted by Boston housing.jmp, and I won't upload the code.Thanks!

lwx228
Level VIII

Note: only one data table file is uploaded here. It is assumed that there are several other different data table files in the same path, and the names of Y response and X factor of different data table files are different.In the previous setting, the respective Y responses were all in the first 3 columns, and the number of X factor columns was different.
txnelson
Super User

Here is a simple script that will run the 3 Decision Trees once the data table is in the form of the first 3 columns being the Y responses, and the remaining columns being the X factors.  I do not follow your

"The X factor used each time starts with column 5 and ends with column 2.The second X factor to the second X factor.

In the annex, Boston Housing.jmp adds 2 columns to the Y response so that 3 columns of the Y response are available and moved to the first 3 columns of the table.".

If what I have provided is not what you are seeking, please provide more specifics

Names Default To Here( 1 );
dt = Current Data Table();

// Get all of the columm names
colNamesList = dt << get column names;

// Get the Y Factor columns
yFactorList = As List( colNamesList[1 :: 3] );

// Get the X Factor columns
xFactorList = As List( colNamesList[4 :: N Items( colNamesList )] );

// Run the Partitions

Partition(
	Y( Eval( yFactorList ) ),
	X( Eval( xFactorList ) ),
	Split Best( 3 )
);
Jim
lwx228
Level VIII

Thank you. Your answer has solved my problem.

I made a mistake in the previous statement, which should be: X factor goes from column 5 to the penultimate column 2.