Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
CBH
CBH
Level I

How to render a SAS file using a SAS formats library

I have a .sas7bdat file with a formats library formats.sas7bcat and formats.sas7bdat.  How do I get .jmp to open the file and use the formats library to read the variables as a decoded data set?  .sas7bdat data file only opens with the coded variable, and I would like it decoded (e.g., instead of 0, have as no where 0=no in the formats library).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to render a SAS file using a SAS formats library

The only way that you might be able to open the SAS file with the formats file, would be to use the ability in JMP to submit SAS code to a local copy of SAS, and then to transfer the file that is opened in SAS to the JMP environment.  The documentation for this is in the Scripting Guide, under the Chapter on Extending JMP.

Jim

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

I assume that you are attempting to read in the file using

File==>Open

?

Jim
Highlighted
CBH
CBH
Level I

Yes.  I do have code to open in SAS, but not JMP.  I haven' t tried to run the same code in .jsl

Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

The only way that you might be able to open the SAS file with the formats file, would be to use the ability in JMP to submit SAS code to a local copy of SAS, and then to transfer the file that is opened in SAS to the JMP environment.  The documentation for this is in the Scripting Guide, under the Chapter on Extending JMP.

Jim

View solution in original post

Highlighted
CBH
CBH
Level I

I will give that a try.  Thanks.  I looked in JMP documentation and couldn't find suitable instruction. Thanks for the pointer.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.