BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
Laura
Community Trekker

How to remove several parameters from a formula at once

Hello,

I'm trying to remove almost all the parameters that have been defined in a formula of a column in JMP. Is there any way to delete them all together at once? I only know how to delete one by one but it will take me too much time since I have defined more than a hundred!

Thank you

Best regards

Laura

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to remove several parameters from a formula at once

Since it's just one column in the original model specification, it might be faster to just open the model specification window and refit the model without the singular column included in any effect. Then save the resultant prediction formula.

Laura
Community Trekker

Hi,

Sorry, I didn't specify very well the problem. The formula of the column has been input manually, it is not a prediction formula from a linear model. Hence, all parameters have been manually defined for the formula and I have more than 100 of parameters defined. Now, I'd liketo remove most of the parameters from the formula but I can only delete them individually by selecting each parameter, click on the secondary button, and click delete. Since I have a lot of parameters to delete and I need to do this for a lot of columns, I was wondering whether is there any way to select all the parameters that I want to remove within a formula at once?

Maybe creating a script?

Looking for ideas,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ian_jmp
Staff

You mention that you input the formula 'by hand'. I'm sure you can do what you want via jsl, but there would be some details involved  Could you please upload a table with a 'before' and 'after' formula column indicating the changes you want to make?

0 Kudos

Laura,

I am going to pile on to what @Peter_Bartell suggested.  I am guessing you are using the Fit Model > Standard Least Squares fit.  When you say okay and you get your model report one of the first things you should see is the Effect Summary.  Use the effect summary to add or remove terms singly or in bunches.  Highlight the terms you want to remove and select Remove.  To add terms back in or add interaction terms select Edit.  This will bring up a new dialogue box so that you can change your model set up as wanted.  Make sure to select Commit once you are done using the Edit function.  Your model will automatically update using either Remove or Edit.  This can all be done in the Fit Model report platform before you save your model to the data table.

HTH

Bill

0 Kudos