Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to remove or hide the names attached to normal quantile plot curves?

jeric

Community Trekker

Nov 1, 2014

Using JMP10, I have many different curves (distributions) in a single normal quantile plot, each with rather long names which overlap and become unreadable.  I can use colors and symbols with a legend table to distinguish the curves.  How to hide or remove the names next to each curve?   There are many curves so I want to avoid editing one-by-one.

2 REPLIES
robot

Community Trekker

Feb 27, 2012

Hi Jeric,

I know in older versions of JMP, one could accomplish this by right-clicking on the desired label and removing it.  I made a request to re-add this feature for future versions of JMP.  You can help by "Liking" my request submission here: What is your JMP wish for the new year? (search for my user name, about 3/4 way down).

From JMP 10, here is the best way I have found to deal with the problem.  I hope this helps.

Right-click in the graph window, select Customize, select Text, then set Transparency to 0.

In a script, it looks like this:

Names Default To Here( 1 );

dt = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );

one = dt << Oneway(

Y( :height ),

X( :sex ),

Plot Quantile by Actual( 1 ),

SendToReport(

Dispatch(

{"Normal Quantile Plot"},

"Oneway QuantilePlot",

FrameBox,

{DispatchSeg( TextSeg( 1 ), {Transparency( 0 )} ), DispatchSeg( TextSeg( 2 ), {Transparency( 0 )} ),

Row Legend(

sex,

Color( 1 ),

Color Theme( "JMP Default" ),

Marker( 1 ),

Marker Theme( "Solid" ),

Continuous Scale( 0 ),

Reverse Scale( 0 ),

Excluded Rows( 0 )

)}

)

)

);

jeric

Community Trekker

Nov 1, 2014

Thanks, R.   I have about 50 names on some graphs so it is too tedious to manually select each one and set to (0) but I will study to adapt the script.