cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
djhanson
Level V

How to "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss" format (and not w/ the "T")

Does anyone know if JSL can format time in columns as "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss", that is a space between the dd and hh and not the capital "T" that JMP wants to insert?  I have tried this, but it ends up converting to serial, exactly not what I want of course.  Likewise, I do not like that capital "T" stuff that JMP does period.  The format I've mentioned is highly used in industry and I'm hoping JSL/JMP can someway support it.

Reason being: SQL uses this format, that is a space between dd and hh and has no idea what to do with a capital "T" of course.  So when saving a .csv with time data via JSL, this gets all messed up.  thanks... dj

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss" format (and not w/ the "T")

I'm not a JMP guy so can't give you the answer. Are you aware though that the datetime format with a "T" you don't like is an ISO standard?

ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Try set format to "Local Date Time h.m.s". In my setting that results in e.g. 1995-12-12 10.00.00 (this is also preserved in CSV export). I can easily change my system to use 1995-12-12 10:00:00 or any other format which JMP then uses (relaunch required, at least on my Mac).

djhanson
Level V

Thanks Patrick - I did not realize it was an ISO standard.  I wish SQL would use it:).

MS, thanks for that idea.

I tried the following, as JSL hover over states slightly different, but both gave me slashes ("/") and not dashes ("-").

:MyTime<<Format("Local Date Time h.m.s");

:MyTime<<Format("Locale Date Time h:m:s");

I'm using JMP 9.0.3, else wonder if there is some global preference maybe I need to set to get this format ("yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss")?  dj

ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

JMP's local date time format is supposed to use the settings of your OS. What I meant was that you can globally change the date/time format on your computer to match the format you desire. Unfortunately that may interfere with other software but it's easy to revert. I think the use of slashes is US tradition. Try to pick another country in the date time settings (on the mac it's a drop-down menu and detailed customization options in a system control panel. I don't have access to Windows right now but it should be there somewhere...).