cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Hann

How to plot line graph?

How to plot Figure 1?

Hann_0-1722673856342.png

Figure 1

I am getting Figure 2 using Graph Builder.

Hann_1-1722673901047.png

Figure 2

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to plot line graph?

Without being able to see the actual data, my guess is that in Figure 1, the line is drawn using some sort of smoother, where in your Graph Builder output the line is drawn between each actual data point.

It would be very helpful if you could provide more details.  A sample data table would be best.

Jim
Hann

I have attached the jmp file. 

dlehman1
Level V

Attached is what I think you want.  You should have saved the script for the graph you built so we could see exactly what you did.  But the obvious thing to notice was that your file showed the data as nominal variables.  I used Standardize Attributes to change these to numerical and continuous to get the correct graph (which is stored as a script in the file).

txnelson
Super User

You have your data types and modeling types incorrect in your data table.  Change all of your columns except your Comment column to Numeric, Continuous, and then plot the data any you will get what you want

txnelson_0-1722686560042.png

I played around with the precision of the X axis, rounding it off to 2 decimal places, and ended up with a graph that is closer to your target graph.

txnelson_1-1722687244593.png

Jim