cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ted
Ted
Level IV

Proportional hazards

There are two groups of patients. How to make adjusted survival curve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to make adjusted survival curve?

Please see Help > Books > Reliability and Survival > Chapter 15: Fit Proportional Hazards.

See also Help > Sample Data > Reliability/Survival > VA Lung Cancer data table. Run the saved Fit Proportional Hazards table script to see an example of the Baseline Survival at the Mean plot.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I do not know what you mean by 'adjusted survival curve.'

I interpret your question to mean that you want to fit a sample of life data from two populations to a distribution model.

• Select Analyze > Reliability and Survival > Life Distribution.
  • Select the Compare Groups tab at the top of the dialog.
  • Select the data column with the life data and click Y, Time to Event.
  • Select the data column with the groups and click Grouping.
  • If you have censoring, select the data column with the exact/censored indicator and click Censor. Then select the censor code.
  • Click OK.
  • Click the red triangle next to Life Distribution and select Show Survival Curve.
  • Select a Distribution model and appropriate Scale (e.g., lognormal).

Please see Help > Books > Reliability and Survival > Chapter 3: Life Distribution for more details. See also other chapters for the Survival, Fit Parametric Survival, and Fit Proportional Hazards platforms in case you need such analyses.

Ted
Ted
Level IV

Excuse me: I clarify the question. There are two groups of patients unbalanced by age: in one of them mostly young, in the other - mostly older. How to make adjusted (by age) Kaplan-Meier curves?

P.S. In any case: where is Compare Groups tab?

Do you want to compare the survival of the two groups, account for patient age (covariate), or both?

The Compare Groups tab is in the launch dialog for Life Distribution. You should see it as you followed my detailed instructions.

Ted
Ted
Level IV

I would like to obtain Kaplan-Meier curves (for two groups), taking into account the method of which it is said: "Adjusted survival curves are often presented in medical research articles. The most commonly used method for calculating such curves is the mean of covariates method, in which average values of covariates are entered into a proportional hazards regression equation."

Please see Help > Books > Reliability and Survival > Chapter 15: Fit Proportional Hazards.

See also Help > Sample Data > Reliability/Survival > VA Lung Cancer data table. Run the saved Fit Proportional Hazards table script to see an example of the Baseline Survival at the Mean plot.