Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to make a bubble plot from Canonical Discriminant analysis?

ondatra_berkele

Community Trekker

Dec 14, 2015

Hi,

I have measurements of rodent skulls. I can easily do a Discriminant Analysis and see a canonical plot. However, when I try to export the variables, only Canonical axis 1 exports to my data file. Or, is there a way to directly make a bubble plot from within the Discriminant platform? Thanks, Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Can you please clarify how you were "Exporting" the variables?  I ran a Discriminant Analysis with one X Category and 9 Y, covariates, and when I specified red triangle==>Canonical Options==>Save Canonical Scores, I received 9 columns, one for each canonical axis.  This isn't what you are looking for?

Jim
2 REPLIES
Solution

Can you please clarify how you were "Exporting" the variables?  I ran a Discriminant Analysis with one X Category and 9 Y, covariates, and when I specified red triangle==>Canonical Options==>Save Canonical Scores, I received 9 columns, one for each canonical axis.  This isn't what you are looking for?

Jim
ondatra_berkele

Community Trekker

Dec 14, 2015

I am not sure what I did wrong before, but now when I click to save canonical scores the first three are saved to the end of my data file. I can then make a graph based on those.  Thanks.