cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
fitri
Level II

How to lock Crosshair in Graph Builder?

Hi All,

Is it possible to lock crosshair in graph builder? And is it possible to perform another crosshair while locking?

I am using JMP 11.0.0. Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
ted_ellefson
Level III

Re: How to lock Crosshair in Graph Builder?

Hello fitri, did you receive an answer to this question?  I searched JMP Discussions and found your question.  I have the same type of question.

I'm using crosshairs in Graph Builder.  I would like to highlight multiple locations on the graph with the crosshairs.  I happen to be looking at a resonance data plot and I want to highlight the peaks of the bode plot.  So, I'd like to put a crosshairs on each of the peaks in the plot.

Is it possible to put multiple crosshairs on the graph?

ian_jmp
Staff

Maybe not ideal, but you could use the crosshairs to get the value, then add the requisite reference lines to the horizontal axis to mark the peak positions.

ted_ellefson
Level III

Thank you for the suggestion.

This graph is kinda what I'm trying to achieve.  The ability to have multiple crosshairs on the same graph to highlight multiple areas.

It would be fun if we could do this in Graph Builder.  Any other suggestions?

2021-03-24 07_50_43-Window.png

This won't look much like your image, but it may achieve part of the goal. If you want to display the X and Y coordinates of particular points, you could pin the hover labels. I've used "Replace Text..." from the pinned hover label's context menu(right click) on the upper hover label to remove the row number. If needed, further customization can be done when using 'Replace Text'.

John_Powell_JMP_3-1616594562203.png

I've also used Ian's idea to add reference lines using the numbers in the pinned hover labels.

With the crosshair tool, the accuracy of the X and Y values are dependent on how well you center the crosshair over a point. Pinned hover labels will show you the actual data value.

I hope this helps,

- John

stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @ted_ellefson 

Is the goal of the visualization to zoom in on a particular point or points in the graph?

Perhaps using the graphlet option might get you the visualization you seek.

cheers,

Stan