Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
wu
wu
Level III

How to jsl the preference->Tables->ODBC Hide Connection String to checked or unchecked. As I could not save that preference. whenever load JMP, the preference always makes the ODBC Hide connection

Hi Community experts,

I'd like to know 

1. How to jsl the preference->Tables->ODBC Hide Connection String to checked or unchecked. As I could not save that preference. whenever loading JMP, the preference always makes the ODBC Hide connection checked.

Thanks.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to jsl the preference->Tables->ODBC Hide Connection String to checked or unchecked. As I could not save that preference. whenever load JMP, the preference always makes the ODBC Hide connection

I was able to replicate your findings, that if you change the preferences in a JMP session, and then close the session and open up a new session, the ODBC Hide Connection String preference does not stay set. I think the only way you will be able to do this from session to session, is to use a startup script that runs every time JMP starts up, and inside that script, set the Connection String preference.
Jim

View solution in original post

Highlighted
gzmorgan0
Super User

Re: How to jsl the preference->Tables->ODBC Hide Connection String to checked or unchecked. As I could not save that preference. whenever load JMP, the preference always makes the ODBC Hide connection

@txnelson,

I am not seeing that behavior. Which verson of JMP were you able to reproduce that behavior?

As an FYI for the community, the JSL  to specify that option is

pref( ODBC Hide Connection String(0) ); //0=show scripts, 1= hide scripts

Highlighted
pmroz
Super User

Some of the preferences can be hard to find.  Here's how to find the right preference and syntax.  Open up a script window and type:

get preferences();

Then do a Find in the log window for ODBC.  You'll find this string amongst all of the other preferences:

ODBC Hide Connection String( 1 ),

So the syntax to hide the ODBC connection string is:

Preferences(ODBC Hide Connection String( 1 ));

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
txnelson
Super User

I was able to replicate your findings, that if you change the preferences in a JMP session, and then close the session and open up a new session, the ODBC Hide Connection String preference does not stay set. I think the only way you will be able to do this from session to session, is to use a startup script that runs every time JMP starts up, and inside that script, set the Connection String preference.
Jim

Highlighted
gzmorgan0
Super User

@txnelson,

I am not seeing that behavior. Which verson of JMP were you able to reproduce that behavior?

As an FYI for the community, the JSL  to specify that option is

pref( ODBC Hide Connection String(0) ); //0=show scripts, 1= hide scripts

Highlighted
wu
wu
Level III

I am using version 14.0.0 (64bit).
Thanks !
Highlighted
pmroz
Super User

Some of the preferences can be hard to find.  Here's how to find the right preference and syntax.  Open up a script window and type:

get preferences();

Then do a Find in the log window for ODBC.  You'll find this string amongst all of the other preferences:

ODBC Hide Connection String( 1 ),

So the syntax to hide the ODBC connection string is:

Preferences(ODBC Hide Connection String( 1 ));

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.