cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
SB_UTK_UGA
Level I

How to italicize single word in axis title/legend in Graph Builder

Is there any way to italicize just a single word in legends and axis titles in Graph Builder? When selecting fonts in Graph Builder, it allows you to change the font of the entire title or legend entry but not one specific word. Specifically, I need to change the word "Salmonella" to "Salmonella" without changing the font of the rest of the words to italics as well. 

Ultimately, I'd like to see "Bev1 + Salmonella" and "Bev2 + Salmonella". 

Of course I could copy the graph in word and paste over the title with the correct word and font, but that seems like a sloppy way to do it. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: How to italicize single word in axis title/legend in Graph Builder

its a little tricky, and you have to knock a decade or two of dust off your HTML skills.

Save the script of your figure, make sure you have edited the text that you want to change.

Then go in to the script and add good ol'e markup to  <I>italicize <I/> the text. Check the scripting index for MARKUP and to find examples.

//open Big Class.jmp and run this
obj=Graph Builder(
	Size( 570, 490 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( X( :height ), Y( :weight ), Group X( :age ), Group Y( :sex ) ),
	Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 2 ) ), Smoother( X, Y, Legend( 3 ) ) ),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch(
			{},
			"graph title",
			TextEditBox,
			{Set Text( "<i>italic</i> vs. normal" )}
		)
	)
);

go= report (obj) [texteditbox(1)]<<markup;
JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)