cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to have few distribution in the same plot?

Hi All,

If I have a few data sets, how to 'analyze>distribution' them so that i get a normal quantile plot with those few data sets in a same plot/figure.
Provided, the data set markers will be different.
In the data table, I have a column to segregate the data sets but if I choose 'analyze>distribution>by segregation' i get few quantile plots.

I would like to have all in one.

This for super-impose comparison to compare the distribution shapes.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mpb
mpb
Level VII

Re: How to have few distribution in the same plot?

If you search this forum for "Overlay normal quantile" the first hit contains the info you are looking for. Use Fit Y by X with your stacked data as Y and your grouping column as X. Use the red triangle pulldown menu to choose "normal quantile plot" and right click on the resulting plot to get the option to make a legend.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Well, it's not a perfect solution, but the Overlay Plot and Graph Builder both allow multiple 'sets' of data in the same graph. This won't have the same built in functionality as Distribution will, but if you calculate the values for the quantile plot in a separate column you could use one of the two tools I mentioned to visualize simultaneously.
mpb
mpb
Level VII

If you search this forum for "Overlay normal quantile" the first hit contains the info you are looking for. Use Fit Y by X with your stacked data as Y and your grouping column as X. Use the red triangle pulldown menu to choose "normal quantile plot" and right click on the resulting plot to get the option to make a legend.