BookmarkSubscribe
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Apushee
Community Member

How to get std error for Bayesian parameter estimates- random parameter logit

I am trying to estimate a random parameter logit model for a choice experiment. I am running the following-Alalyze/Consumer Research/Choice- running the model with Hierarchical Bayes. In the Bayesian parameter estimates report there are posterior mean, posterior std dev, and subject std dev. I was wondering how to get the std error of the posterior mean and std dev so that we can decide on their significance? Would appreciate any suggestion.

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cwillden
Super User

Re: How to get std error for Bayesian parameter estimates- random parameter logit

I haven't used that platform, but I don't think you would get standard errors from Bayesian estimates since standard errors are a frequentist concept.  However, the standard deviation of the posterior distribution is analogous to the standard error.

-- Cameron Willden
1 REPLY 1
cwillden
Super User

Re: How to get std error for Bayesian parameter estimates- random parameter logit

I haven't used that platform, but I don't think you would get standard errors from Bayesian estimates since standard errors are a frequentist concept.  However, the standard deviation of the posterior distribution is analogous to the standard error.

-- Cameron Willden