Our World Statistics Day conversations have been a great reminder of how much statistics can inform our lives. Do you have an example of how statistics has made a difference in your life? Share your story with the Community!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
tundratoze
Level II

How to get linked data tables to update

I'm trying to create a master data table that I can then create a subset from that's linked to this original table. I want to be able to add rows to the original data table and have those rows automatically populate into the subset.

However, when I add a row to the original data table, it doesn't appear in the subset that I created and linked. Is this not part of JMP's capabilities? Or am I missing a few steps in order to make this work?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Steven_Moore
Super User

Re: How to get linked data tables to update

I have had the same problem!  I have found that if you add rows of data to your original data set, you also have to add rows to your JMP Data Table before updating using the Tables<Update function.  This was driving me crazy for a while until I figured it out.  If you simply change existing data and then use the Update function, everything is just fine.  appending data is another story until you figure it out.

Steve
Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.