Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to get data from an object in JMP application ?

eduleboss

Community Trekker

Mar 14, 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm writing my first application in JMP and faced an issue.

Here is the point : with JMP application builder, I built a simple form which contains two text edit boxes and two button boxes. One of the two button boxes is linked with a simple Pick File code to allow the user to select a file. The second button box is supposed to be the "send button" of my form. So, what I would like to do is to link the "press property" of this button box with JSL code capable to handle data retrieved from the text edit boxes and the pick file button box.

Please, can anyone help me to achieve this goal ?

Best regards,

2 REPLIES
pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Check out this presentation on Application Builder.  It's a simple example but should give you some ideas.

danschikore

Staff

Sep 21, 2012

Each display box supports a collection of messages to get/set content, in addition to options on behavior.  Most of the options will be surfaced in application builder in the Properties panel.  To learn about the messages, right-click on a box in App Builder and select "Scripting Help".

For the Text Edit boxes, you would use something like:

TextEdit1 << Get Text;

to get the current value.  Since you already have the Pick File code, just make sure that you store the return from this function in a JSL variable and you can use it in the same section of code.