Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

How to force JMP to display excluded data in Bivariate plots OR Add fit

notsonimble

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

When plotting time related data I often exclude several early data points before doing any fitting. During manual analysis plots are generated first before excluding any data points and thus all appear on the plot. Later when this is scripted for automated plotting data is excluded (but not hidden) prior to plotting, consequently not all the excluded data is displayed.

Is there a way to tell JMP in a script to display all of the excluded data?

OR

How do I go back in (in a script) to add line fitting after plotting and any required excluding of data has been performed?
5 REPLIES
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

1. This example may help:
notsonimble

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Thanks for the reply ... I do most of my work via scripting. Manual rescaling of the axis on every time basis is a problem. My work-around is below; it's just long and cumbersome to code. I was hopeful to find a simple command I'd overlooked to force all data to display.
I plot the basic data, exclude data as needed, and then go back to do any line fitting and adding legends etc.

rchertzy

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

I will try your script and see if any lightbulbs go on.
What I do is plot first, slightly rescale X and Y (both max and min), even rescale back if I liked that better, then save the script to the table. It should then have the max and min for both axes. Then exclude data and rerun the script. The full data set would still show because the domain and range are for the whole data set. I have tried this with a simple Fit Y by X analysis script and it seems to work. Of course, I journal the results and save/close the journal window before I exclude and redo the regression. Just to be safe.
mpb

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

In my original reply, ignore the second point. Does the sample code in the first point not do what you want?
notsonimble

Community Trekker

Jun 23, 2011

Your example code illustrates the point quite well. You cannot exclude data before plotting if you want it to show (if it is outside the scale of non-excluded data).
Thanks ...