cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
JK
JK
Level III

How to fix the y-axis range in distribution graph?

I generated 20 different distribution graphs and it has different y-axis range. I want to fix the y-axis range (0 to 80) at one time. Now I'm changing the range (0 to 80) in every graph one by one and it takes lots of time. Could you guide me how to change the range in the more easy way?

Many thanks in advance!!!

Jin.W.Kim
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: How to fix the y-axis range in distribution graph?

Set the axis on one of the graphs to the settings you want. Then right click on the axis and select
Edit==>Copy Axis Settings

Then hold down the CNTL key and select

Edit==>Paste Axis Settings

and the axis settings will be copied to all of your histograms in the Distribution window. Holding down the CNTL key while performing selections in JMP is a universal action, to replicate the action across all similar objects in the window you are working in. (i.e. Resizing graphs, selecting red triangle options, etc.)
Jim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Try the Uniform Scaling command in the top most context menu (red triangle).

JK
JK
Level III

Thank you for your message!! The Uniform Scaling is so helpful!!! But I can't decide the specific range which I want to fix, right? I found the solution using 'Copy Axis Settings', Thanks a lot!!!
Jin.W.Kim
txnelson
Super User

Set the axis on one of the graphs to the settings you want. Then right click on the axis and select
Edit==>Copy Axis Settings

Then hold down the CNTL key and select

Edit==>Paste Axis Settings

and the axis settings will be copied to all of your histograms in the Distribution window. Holding down the CNTL key while performing selections in JMP is a universal action, to replicate the action across all similar objects in the window you are working in. (i.e. Resizing graphs, selecting red triangle options, etc.)
Jim
JK
JK
Level III

Wow~ Many thanks!!! I solved it:) Thank you for so clear solution!!!
Jin.W.Kim

Also, you can 'broadcast' many commands and actions by holding the Control key on Windows or Command key on Mac. For example, if hold this key and resize one plot by dragging, all such plots will adopt the new size when you release the mouse button.